Space Systems Analyst (Government) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
El Segundo, CA, US
AT&T has an opening for a junior to mid-level (5-10 years) Space Systems Analyst to provide both system level and high fidelity, multidisciplinary modeling & simulation, as well as detailed analyses of complex ground and space architectures.
- Multidisciplinary modeling: possess the ability to integrate your knowledge of mechanics, optics, astrodynamics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, statistics, into an end-to-end model
- Algorithm development & Implementation: able to devise / identify / implement sophisticated algorithms to obtain / optimize solutions in large-dimensional problem spaces (e.g., traveling salesman, sequential Monte Carlo methods, genetic algorithms, linear programing methods) etc.
- Possess strong general problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Expert MATLAB userRequired Certification, Experience, and Education:
- Junior to mid-level physicist/engineer with prior space systems modeling, simulation, and analysis experience
- 5-10 years’ experience performing multidisciplinary modeling, simulation, and analysis of complex systems.
- Applicant must have a technical degree (BS, MS, PhD) in aerospace engineering, physics, applied math, or a related discipline Required Clearance:
Active DoD Top Secret/SCI (#TopSecret) clearance mandatory. Meeting the customer’s security requirements is mandatory for this position
Knowledge of one or more of the following is also a plus: optics, radar, lasers, satellite communications and jamming, rendezvous and proximity operations, space object characterization/identification, kinetic ASATs, network modeling and cyber threats, intelligence analysis, spacecraft design, battle management command and control, radar systems engineering, electro-optical systems modeling, experience coding C++ and/or Python simulation languages, experience using STK software.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Who We Are
At AT&T, we see beyond just your service.
We know that your skills are going to launch a civilian career that could change everything. And we want you to do that here. With our mission to hire 20,000 veterans by 2020, you’ve found a place where service members make a difference.