Network Controller/Operator Associate (Government) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Collinsville, IL, US
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
AT&T is seeking hard-working and dependable candidates to support the GSM-O contract at Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC). We work in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's).
- Candidate will be 'mission essential' and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
- Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Experience, Certification and Responsibilities:
- 3-5 years of IT related experience and a degree in an IT related field
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/guidance
- Hold DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more if the following: Routers, Crypto devices, Routing, Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc), DSN/DRSN, DVSG, GVS, ATM.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, SONET, SONUS, Nortel, Avaya or Marconi.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
- Requires experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19.
- GTMS/ITSM Remedy: Understands the customer relationship tool which can be used to log/monitor the issues or problems faced by customers by the means of incident management tickets.
- Understand the functions multiple RFO, and charging the correct Fault Durations Hours to each Fault Category.
- Supports team members in taking ownership of tickets and updates the Action/Work log (troubleshooting steps performed during the selected course of action).Desired Certifications and Clearance:
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Top Secret ClearanceRequired Clearance:
Active SECRET (#secret)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V