• Responsible for the monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN and its services • Services and Network Technologies include: Data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches, Call Managers, Voice switches, VTC equipment and PBX’s), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, Juniper/Cisco Routers, etc..) transmission media, (Such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned) security devices 9KG-175A/D, KG-250, KG-340, SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III encryptors) and any other devices in the DODIN.
• Performs pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure
• Operation of Network Management System(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis
• Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
• Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
• Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
• Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management
• Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
• Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
• Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Active Secret Clearance w/SSBI
• 8570 IAT Level 2 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
• 3-5 years of IT related experience
• Associates in Applied Science or higher in an IT related field
• Associate level understanding of networking concepts (Cable standards, IP Addressing, Routing, Switching, VPN’s, Telecommunications, etc…)
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications :
• Cisco ONS/MSPP, Sycamore, Ciena, SATCOM, and/or ATM related training or experience
• Cisco/Juniper routing, switching, collaboration, security, and service provider experience
• Department of Defense Experience
• Knowledge of following TTP/SOP/Work Instructions to meet service delivery directives
• Knowledge of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP)
• Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system, documentation, and reporting procedures
Ability to provide detailed verbal and written communication to contractor and government leadership as requested
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V