Linux System Administrator (CNOSC) (Government) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
IT \ Engineering \ Technology
PURCELLVILLE, VA, US
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense and Federal Civilian US Government agencies. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission
We support our DoD and Federal Government customers with a Consolidated Network Operations Security Center portfolio of services focused on industry leading and best of breed solutions. You will join a team of talented individuals with a variety of backgrounds and expertise highly focused on customer experience.
- User account administration, kick start installations, virtual server deployments, software installation, system updates, troubleshooting linux operating system and hardware failures, monitoring servers for health and status.
- Candidate should be proficient in the following: DNS, NFS, yum, LVM, rsyslog, VMware, Centrify, SAN configuration on physical server, networking, Big Brother/Xymon, Puppet, clustering, shell and Python scripting. Candidate must also have a working understanding of AWS and cloud computing.
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.Required Clearance:
Secret (Top Secret Desired)
- Seven (7) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degreeAT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V