IT Service Delivery Rep, Junior (Government) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Patuxent River, MD, US
As a Junior Network Technician you will be expected to:
- Install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC technicians and managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues
- Responsible to create tickets for maintenance using HPE Service Manager.
- Understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures
- Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed
- Take direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate will have basic working knowledge in the Networking and Information Technology field with 0 to 4 plus years’ experience
- Basic skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required
- Candidate needs a basic understanding of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus. Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable
- Some travel may be required
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with severs and Cisco devices are a Plus
- Candidate needs to have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable.
- Cisco Network + and Security+ CE required
- ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable
Must be a US Citizen and possess Secret Clearance
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Who We Are
At AT&T, we see beyond just your service.
We know that your skills are going to launch a civilian career that could change everything. And we want you to do that here. With our mission to hire 20,000 veterans by 2020, you’ve found a place where service members make a difference.