Information System Security Officer (ISSO), Level 2 (Government) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
CHANTILLY, VA, US
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations. The services required by this contract will assist OS&CI in providing the NRO a secure mission environment. The contractor shall provide realistic, innovative information security solutions to accomplish the requirements in addition to program management. The services obtained under this contract shall provide expertise to support information systems security, security control assessments, information assurance engineering, and security control assessments test engineering.
AT&T has an opening for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO), Level 2 to support the National Security Sector, is responsible for providing advice and assistance to the Government regarding secure configuration and operation of NRO’s IT assets. Level 2 ISSOs will apply knowledge and experience with standard information system security concepts, practices, and procedures.
- ISSOs shall provide comprehensive information system security support to NRO Directorates and Offices. An ISSO is responsible to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for providing the day-to-day system security operations by ensuring that operational security is maintained for an information system (IS).
- ISSOs are also responsible for maintaining effective communications with the ISSM. PSO. Information System Owner, Authorizing Official (AU) or Delegated Authorizing Official (DAO), Information System Security Engineer (ISSE), and the Security Control Assessor (SCA).
- ISSOs must have a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.Required Clearance:
Active TS/SCI, with Poly (#polygraph)
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education.
- This equates to a Masters and 2 years, Bachelors and 3 years, Associates and 6 years or HS and 8 years.
- Must meet minimum requirements for DoD 8570 IAM Level 2 certification requirements. Desired Qualifications:
- Thorough understanding and application of network security principles, practices, and implementations
- Working knowledge of cross-functional integration of information systems into a physical security environment
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Understanding of system methodologies including but not limited to client server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, LAN, switches, and routers
- Familiarity with detecting and preventing computer security compromises in a networked environment
- Working knowledge of configuration management; system maintenance; and integration testing
- Proficient in the use of tools used to prevent and/or negate malicious code
- Understanding of COTS tools that scan at the physical layer of all removable and fixed media types including but not limited to: (CDs, hard drives, thumb drives, Zip/Jazz, etc.)
- Ability to decipher and explain in clear language Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503
- Ability to support forensics and evidentiary preservation
- Ability to troubleshoot technical configurations and make recommendations on the protection of classified and sensitive data
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical information and information technology jargon into plain English
- Ability to apply a risk management philosophy when faced with security challenges and the ability to articulate the pro’s and con’s in a clear concise manner
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following computer operating systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows, LINUX, UNIX, Mac OS, etc.)
- Analytical ability to decipher complex technical configuration management documents
- Demonstrated proficiency with database maintenance
- Strong ability to elicit, articulate, and document information in a well-organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independent of close supervision
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of all applicable NRO, IC, DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to Information Technology, Information Assurance, Information Management (IT/IA/IM)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills to engender rapport with the military personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels
- An ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines, and to manage the workflow of the ISSO team
- Demonstrated ability to correlate audit results between various systems and/or users and notify the ISSM of any discrepanciesAT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V